Friday, July 8, 2016

EYE NAKED

I forgot to put on mascara today.  I legitimately have no clue how this happened.  This is the first time this has happened to me in... well... ever.  I mean, this coming from the girl who got the award for "most likely to be wearing makeup at 5am".  No joke - I can probably still find the paper plate award from college morning practices. Even at 5am I appreciated the necessity of some undereye concealer #yourewelcome

Regardless, there are no words to describe the distress I felt when I realized this.  There I am, sitting at my desk finishing breakfast and about to head to a meeting when I pop open a mirror to make sure I don't have any errant raspberries seeds stuck in my teeth (listen, it happens) when I look at my face in general and realize something is off.  Let's just pause for a minute to think about how disturbing that mental thought is when you see your face and think you look "off" - it's not good. Anyway, my mental dialogue is something like this: wow, I look bad today, that's unfortunate... why do I look so pale? I just look off... woof.... OH MY GOD I FORGOT MASCARA


I kid you not, less than 10 minutes into that meeting I get the first instant message popping up that I look tired.  The world is brutal folks, but the sender was not wrong.  My poor sad eyes just don't pop like they do when the eyelashes are curled open and coated in whatever sort of black chemical goop I like to slop on there.  Needless to say I made it through that meeting and considered skipping lunch to walk to CVS to stock up but just didn't have enough time.  Note to self - add mascara to the emergency stash of makeup at my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment