Monday, July 11, 2016

Flyin' Solo

One of the trials of singledom is going to the movies.  I have no problems eating alone, but I sometimes get weirded out about going to movies alone.


But sometimes, you just gotta YOLO and pick up and go see something you want to see.  So that is what I did. And it was AMAZING.  A bit of backstory, I found this dollar movie theater that shows things that are about to come out on iTunes/Comcast.  And let's be real, I'm WAY too cheap to pay Comcast to watch an OnDemand movie (sad but true - I have my standards) but a few bucks is right up my alley.  So off to the movies I went. Alone.


If you can't see the detail in the photo, thats Bridg - singing her heart out. As she should. But I digress... I went to go see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 because 1) why not and 2) I not so secretly love the first one.  And overall the sequel was good, not great, but ok.  But, ohhhhhh, the people in the theater made the experience fantastic.  So this theater is a little bit out in the 'burbs and I learned is frequented mostly by old folks.  And by "old folks" I mean the lady in front of me looked like Sophia from Golden Girls and wheeled in her own personal oxygen tank.  Yup.  My favorite couple of this motley crew of retirees was a few rows down.  Now, I'm not sure if the wife was actually hard of hearing or not, but every so often the husband would lean in to stage whisper (aka yell) his comments to his wife.  For example, when Gus breaks out the Windex, the husband leans over and yells "THATS THE WINDEX. IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THE FIRST MOVIE, YOU WON'T GET IT".  Which then prompts me to laugh even harder (because you can't not laugh at the Windex to begin with. If you're not laughing, you're dead inside).  Also, old people have such great laughs. More often than not, the laughs were funnier than the jokes in the movie.

If you need me, I'll be hanging out with my new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment